Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Passing of an Amazing Woman

Last Wednesday, September 30th, I received a phone call at 10:30 p.m. from my sister with news that my grandmother had passed away. This has been a very sad time for everyone in my family as she meant so much to all of us. I wasn't able to make it down for her service, but In my absence the church pastor read this letter that I wrote to my grandmother. I know that she is in a better place now and free of pain. She will be forever remembered as a great women.




"To my Nanny,

You were an amazing woman and I always looked up to you. You were a great dancer, singer and pianist. When you flashed that beautiful smile, your eyes lit up so bright. When you left the house, you were beautiful and always dressed to a Tee. Whenever you held me in your arms, my heart melted and I knew everything was going to be ok. I looked to you for advice and you were always so wise. You encouraged me to go after what made me happy, because happiness was all you ever wanted for me. When I moved to New York , you would tell me how proud you were of me for going after what I wanted. You helped to mold me into the person I am today and for that I am truly thankful.

The last time I spoke to you, was just a few hours before you passed. I told you I loved you and you whispered it back to me. God knew he was taking you and he graciously gave me the opportunity to say my goodbyes and I love you before you were gone. You don’t know how much those last words mean to me. I wish I could be here with my family today to celebrate your life, but I know regardless of how many miles we are apart you are smiling down on us all.

Nanny, I love you so much and will keep you in my heart forever.

Love always,
Your Amber Faye"

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I am so sorry Amber. It must be comforting to know she was always in your corner!