Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Making Some Progress!

This has been a good week for New York planning. I received three phone calls in the past two days regarding jobs in NY. Two were for nanny positions and the other job was for a receptionist position that I applied for a few weeks ago. One of the nanny jobs sounded promising. The job is for a nice family in Brooklyn, which will be very close to where I will live, and I might be interviewing with the family when I arrive. Along with the phone calls, I also received several emails regarding other nanny jobs. I think now that I have a definite date for the move, it will be easier to have job interviews lined up when I arrive.

Mom and I were going to have a garage sale this weekend, so I could sell the rest of my stuff before the move. But now with Hurricane Fay on its way, it looks like the garage sale will have to be postponed for another week. I am STILL working on selling the car and hopefully it will be sold in the next month. Everyone cross you fingers for me!

Monday I was on a shopping mission. I went to Marshall's and got some new black slip on shoes, for all of the walking I will be doing, and I also bought a new pair of Express jeans. I was really excited because I got a killer deal only spending $40.00 for both!

So with 31 days left until the move, things seem to be coming right along. I guess we will see what the next few weeks have in store!

Gabe sent me this video clip from the old show The Nanny...enjoy!

No comments: