Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Suzy Homemaker: The 2009 Brooklyn Edition

Time for change at the apartment...my year lease was up November 1st and Dave planned to move out with his boyfriend. I of course was going to renew, so I went on a search for a new roommie. Luckily I found an awesome girl who met all of my requirements, that recently moved here from California.

I started cleaning and organizing the apartment the minute Dave moved his stuff out. In the last month Ive spent most all of my free time decorating the apartment or thinking of other cute ways I could decorate. Ive made several trips to IKEA and of course found some really cute things such as a new desk, wall art, shelving, along with other random nick nacks. I also found a really great Mid-Century Eames error foot stool on Ebay for cheap.

This last week I stained my birch colored Pello chair to match the rest of my living room furniture. This was my first staining project, the color matches the rest of the furniture pretty nicely, but I just wouldn't look at the quality of the job too closely since I was a little sloppy with my 7 coats of stain :)

I still need curtains for the kitchen, that has been a long ongoing search. But for the most part, I think the apartment is pretty close to finished, now I can just sit back and relax.
Pics below, enjoy!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Super chic! You seriously have an eye for design and I love the mid-century modern approach you have taken in the apartment!

LV said...

LOVE IT! My fave: the computer corner. But all looks great, good job gurl!