Thursday, September 25, 2008

Finally Here and Loving It!

What an exciting week! I finally made it to the Big Apple on Sunday evening. Gabe and his roommate, Brooks, took me to the Metro Bar for a bit. Monday I had an interview bright and early for a nanny job. After the interview I walked the Brooklyn Bridge which was amazing! Tuesday I had a interview for a front desk position at a really nice hotel. After that was done, I took the subway and got off on the Rutgers stop, I think, and wondered around until I ended up under the Manhattan Bridge. I then walked along the river until I reached the Brooklyn Bridge and got to see the Waterfall exhibit. Wednesday morning I had my interview about the website Exboyfriendjewelry.com at the Fox 5 news station. Everyone was really nice at the station and I really had a good time during the interview. It should air in a couple weeks, so I will definitely post it on here! Last night Gabe took me to the Phoenix bar in the East Village, we played some pool and danced a little bit. On the way home we stopped and got two slices of spinach and artichoke pizza from Artichoke Basille's Pizza and Brewery. Hands down the best pizza I have ever had! Today I sent my resume to a ton of places on-line and then had a interview at Mesa Grill for a serving position. After that I got off on the wrong stop on the subway and took a walk around Manhattan. I had a yogurt parfait and hot tea at Starbucks and was joined by the sweetest old Englishman. We had a good time talking and sipping our coffee and tea, who says New Yorkers aren't friendly! I walked about 30 blocks down Lexington Avenue and then headed home. I hope to go see my friend, Jen Elliot, sing at a Sidewalk Cafe on Saturday. I have more interviews this week and next and I am still looking for an apartment. Everyone cross your fingers that I find a job this week!

It has been a busy week, there is so much to do, so much to see, and so many places to get lost! New York is a spectacular place and I am so happy to be here. I miss all of my friends and family back home and hope everyone is doing great!







No comments: