Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oh Happy Days!

Great things are happening in New York these days! Within the first 9 days I moved here I managed to get an apartment AND a job in hospitality!

I got a great deal on a room in a two bedroom apartment in Brooklyn with a couple. Its a brand new apartment and we are the first people to live here. The first few days I slept on an air mattress and finally found some furniture on Craigslist. I got a nice mattress, end table, tv with stand, and an air purifier for only $300. Then the next day I went to IKEA and went wild! I got a chair, lamp, window shades, 3 drawer dresser, mirror, trash can, bed linens, hamper and cork board. My room is pretty much complete, I think all I need now is just need one more mirror to put above my dresser and some pictures to put on the walls. It feels nice to be all set up and actually have a home. See pictures of my room below.

I interviewed on Tuesday, September 23rd, for a front desk position at a nice hotel in the Lower East Side (Manhattan). The interview went really well and James the manager told me he would call me the next day and tell me if I got the job or not. Well he didn't call, so I assumed that I didn't get the job and continued with my job search. I had various interviews for restaurant, catering, and nanny jobs. I finally got a call from James offering me the job on Tuesday, September 30th. I was so happy to get that call, since my goal was to work in hospitality. It is a great job with a lot of awesome benefits. My first day is today, so I hope it goes well. Wish me luck!

I feel very fortunate to have found an apartment and a job so fast. Things are really falling into place here.





6 comments:

LV said...

Cute room VACAA!!! Congrats on the job and the ap! It sounds amazing!!! Can't wait to see it!
Miss ya crazy bitch!

Rachel said...

looks like you are already having a great time in NYC. I love your room and the new job sounds perfect for you!

The Smith Trio said...

Im so freaking happy for you!!How long does it take you to get to work?

Anonymous said...

I decided to venture to the computer today & I am so happy to see all of your accomplishments! Your room looks great~ love the comforter! What's the name of the hotel you're working for? <3

The Editor said...

That is so adorable and I love the photo with you in the mirror. God I miss Amber.

Robin said...

I love the room! So cute.