Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Short But Oh So Sweet!

Last week my sister, Amy, and brother-in-law, Randy, came up to NY for a few days to visit me as well as Randy's brother and his family. I had to work every day they were here, but I got to spend time with them before and after work each day, which made for some long and tiresome days.

The first night they were here we went to dinner at a noodle restaurant in Union Square with Jen and her boyfriend Scott. After that we all went for dessert at Black Hound cake shop. We each got our own yummy little cakes and enjoyed them at Scott's house. Saturday Randy, Amy, Jen, Scott, and I all went for brunch at the Double Crown restaurant in the East Village. Brunch was delicious and we even got free Champagne sent over to our table! We left the restaurant and popped into a funky little store to look at Halloween costumes, then it was time for me to go to work. When I got off work I met Amy and Randy up at one of our favorite spots The Cabana rooftop bar in the Maritime Hotel. We had a few drinks there and danced the night away to some great music. Sunday morning I met Amy, Randy, and Jen at Panificio for another wonderful brunch. We all ordered something different, I had a veggie panini, Amy had the toast with salmon, Randy had a huge piece of steak and eggs, and Jen had a breakfast panini, all of it was so good. We left the restaurant and went to the Tompkins Square Park and enjoyed the dog costume parade, all of the pups were dressed up so cute! After we walked around and checked out all of the amazing costumes, we made our way in to Chinatown for some shopping. Of course Amy and I found ourselves in closet after closet looking at all the knockoff purses. At one point we even managed to make our way into a sketchy van, which I do believe every time we are in Chinatown we vow never to go into another van again ;) I once again had to go to work, and once I was off I met Amy, Randy, and Jen up for a few drinks in Manhattan. We had $16.00 Martinis at Nobu and then went to the Sky Bar in the Dream hotel for some more deliciously expensive drinks, but we did have the most amazing view of Time Square! Sadly after the three days they were here, it was time for them to go back to Jacksonville.

I really enjoyed our short but sweet visit with Amy and Randy, we had some good times and some good laughs as always! I am looking forward to another visit with Amy for the weekend of Thanksgiving! Below are the pictures from last weekend, enjoy!

From 2008-10-28 amy randy ny

No comments: