Friday, October 10, 2008

Time Flies When You Are Having Fun!

I am coming up on my third week here in NY, it seems like much longer! Like I said many times before, things are going great. The weather keeps changing from hot to cold and back to hot again. I have been working on getting used to the crazy weather and also trying to prepare myself for a very cold winter. I have eaten at a ton of great restaurants in the Lower East Side this week and have found that New York is VERY vegetarian friendly! I am constantly on the go and meeting new people. Here is a little run down on what my the past week has been like for me.

Last Friday I did a little shopping at Filene's Basement and saw the movie Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist in Union Square with my friend Brooks. After that we ended up at Gabe's restaurant for a couple of drinks and then out to Union Pool, which is a fun little bar in Brooklyn with a nice outside area. Saturday I went biking around Brooklyn with a friend to some bars in the Ft. Greene and Williamsburg area, it was a lot of fun and biking at night while slightly intoxicated was just a little scary ;)

I started my new job last Sunday, so today starts my first weekend off. Its been a good week of work, my hours have been 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. every night. This coming up weeks hours will change a little bit, I will have a few day shifts as well as my usual night shifts. I really like the job a lot so far, its a very social job. Which is right up my alley. I finally had my first celebrity encounter last night. An actress, I wont say her name, came up to the hotel last night looking for a friend. It was pretty cool to see and talk to someone you see in the movies and on TV all of the time.

Besides work I haven't done too much this week. Tuesday I signed up at the Metropolitan Pool and Fitness Center, I swam at the indoor pool for about an hour. Yesterday Gabe and I went to Two Little Red Hens, in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, to have a dessert sampling. We enjoyed a pumpkin cupcake, a pecan/chocolate bar, and a chocolate cream pie, which tasted just like a french silk pie. We totally didn't need to eat all of those sweets, but we really enjoyed ourselves. After the dessert sampling, we walked around the Union Square Farmers Market. I still can get over all of the fresh fruits and vegetables that are sold in NY! Last night after work a couple of co-workers and I went to a little tapas bar across the street from the hotel and had some amazing martinis and some tapas. It was nice to get to hang out with my co-workers and get to know them a little bit better. This morning at 6:30 a.m. I met up with some people from The Brooklyn Running Meetup Group for the Brooklyn Bridge run. The run is great and the views of the city skyline and the Statue of Liberty are AMAZING!

I found out today that my interview with Fox 5 will be on the Good Day New York Morning show this Monday, so I will definitely have that posted up the beginning on next week. Next Wednesday, the 15th, my Mom comes up from Jacksonville to stay with me and to bring little Chili Palmer up. I am so excited to see Moms and I'm happy to finally have the Chili pup with me again! She and I are going to go see a Broadway show, do some sight seeing, and of course we will do a little shopping!

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, talk to you soon!










2 comments:

The Smith Trio said...

Lady are you a vegetarian now??

Robin said...

One thing I loved about Chicago was all the vegetarian stuff! Every restaurant had a vegetarian section on the menu and there was even a vegetarian Chinese place near Cole's apartment. I wish we had some nice places like that here in Jacksonville, AND a Market!
Sounds like you are having fun. We miss you:-)