Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Where to Begin....

So much has happened since my last post. Mom came in town and brought Chili Palmer, I had some roommate drama and had to go apartment hunting, and saw a really great art exhibit in Greenwich Village. Oh and last but not least, Sunday was my 4 week anniversary of living in New York!

Mom flew in on a Wednesday afternoon. we had a late lunch at a Mediterranean place in Brooklyn, had dessert in a little deli in Time Square, and saw the Broadway show Hairspray, which was a wonderful performance! Later that night I secretly took mom to a gay bar in the East Village, she finally caught on when she pointed out that we were the only women in a bar full of men ;) After we left the bar, I took her to get some of the best pizza in town at Artichoke Basille' Pizza & Brewery. We shared a slice of spinach and artichoke pizza, yum yum! Thursday morning we went shopping on Canal street in China Town. We got several handbags and some jewelry. We also went to Union Square and found some good deals at Filene's Basement. I had to go to work at 3:00, so mom did more shopping in Union Square and went and watched two back to back movies to kill some time. Friday Mom and I went into the city for MORE shopping! We spent hours in Macy's, where we found some great deals, H&M, Old Navy, and made our way to the financial district to shop at the famous Century 21. We had dinner at Simply Pasta near Time Square and then ended the night with the New York City Lights Sailboat tour around Manhattan. They served wine, champagne, beer, and hot cyder with rum. It was a bit cold, but we had a lot of fun. It was such a great way to see the city. It was so wonderful to spend some quality time with mom and I am so happy to have my Chili pup with me agian!
Moms October Weekend in NY


Before my mom came in town, my roommates told me that they wanted to get a large dog, I guess the two dogs that they have already just weren't enough for them. I expressed to them that Chili doesn't get along with big dogs and if they got one we would have to move out. So the Friday that my mom was here, my roommates decided to out and get a Golden Retriever, which brings the dog count in our apartment up to 4! I told them it was ridiculous to have that many dogs in the house and explained to them once again that Chili doesn't like large dogs. So I started looking on craigslist once again for another roommate. Gabe told me that his friend Dave was also looking for a roommate. So Dave and I spoke and decided to look for a place together. Gabe came through once again and found us a super cute and very large 2 bedroom apartment in a brown stone building in Brooklyn and only two streets away from where he lived. Dave and I went to see the apartment and fell in love! We found out the next day that we were approved to get the apartment and we move in on November 30th. I think this situation will work out much better.



Last week I read on www.JacksonvilleConfidential.com that there was an interesting art exhibit by the UK artist Banksy in Greenwich Village called The Village Petstore and Charcoal Grill. With this exhibit Banksy wanted to show the weird relationship that people and animals have. So this week on my day off I decided to go see the exhibit and see what all of the hype was about. The exhibit was totally free and I must say it was very interesting and super creative! I really had a good time and took lots of pictures and videos so I could report back to JC. Enjoy!

http://www.jacksonvilleconfidential.com/2008/10/village-pet-store-charcoal-grill-update.html

3 comments:

Robin said...

Loved the pictures! Sorry to hear about those A-holes and their dogs, but it looks like it is working out for the best.

Rachel said...

I love reading about your adventures! H&M is one of my favorite stores and make a point to go to the one in DC. when I am home since I haven't lived near one for over two years! The new apartment looks great too!

The Editor said...

I miss my ambular