Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Out And About in NYC!

Now that I have settled into the new apartment, I have been trying to get out of the house and take advantage of some fun things to do here in wonderful New York.

A couple of weeks ago I was given the opportunity to see Cirque Du Soleil: Wintuk for free through a concierge program. I went with some of my co-workers. The show was cute, it was based more for children, but the stunts they did in the show were still pretty entertaining!



One Tuesday I took advantage of free Tuesdays at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. I was simply amazed at how beautiful the garden was. Being from sunny palm tree filled Florida, I have never had the chance to see changing leaves in the fall. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw all of the bright yellow, orange, and red leaves on the trees. The park was filled with several different gardens throughout the park, as well as greenhouses, gift shops, and a cafe. I really enjoyed myself there and cant wait to go back soon!

Brooklyn Botanical Gardens


This week I had a friend in town. We went ice skating in Rockefeller Center and saw the Off-Broadway show Fuerza Bruta. The ice skating was a lot of fun! It was beautiful skating as the sun went down. All of the trees were lit up and the flags were waiving in the wind around Rockefeller Center, I felt like I was in a movie. I was shocked that I didn't fall at all!





Fuerza Bruta
was such a great show! It is a hour long standing show, you are constantly moving around and you look up the entire time. There really isn't a story line, its more just extreme visual effects and sounds.













No comments: